Illustrator 101 - Adobe Illustrator
In this 2-day class, participants will learn the basic functions and tools to help them design and illustrate vector graphics in Adobe Illustrator. The instructor will cover Artboards & Workspaces, an in-depth discussion with hands on practice of the Tool Palette and all its functions, using the Pen Tool, Live Paint, basic patterns, taking participants Illustrator designs from the computer to print and much more. Participants will be able to create logos, professional type effects, complex airbrush effects and impressive designs that channel the artistic potential within!
Schedule and Pricing
Click here for a schedule of upcoming classes.
Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students will deepen their familiarity with Illustrator concepts, whilst gaining hands-on skills in developing, evaluating, and optimizing their work for visual appeal and productivity!
- Understanding vector versus bitmap graphics
- Working with symbols and Adobe Flash® integration
- Mapping a symbol to 3D artwork
- Working with character and graphic styles and CSS code
- Editing shapes with a Pathfinder effect
- Applying a Calligraphic brush to artwork
- and much more!
Overview of Learning Objectives
- Getting to Know the Work Area
- Puppet Warp tool
- Artboard Improvements
- Enhanced export experience
- Selecting and Aligning
- Creating and Editing Shapes
- Transforming Objects
- Drawing with the Pen Tool
- Color and painting
- Working with Type
- Working with Layers
- Working with Perspective Drawing
- Blending Colors and Shapes
- Applying Appearance Attributes and Graphic Styles
- Combing Illustrator Graphics with other Adobe Applications
This class is appropriate for novice users of Illustrator. This course focuses on the fundamentals of using Illustrator’s diverse tools and creating complex shapes from simple ones. We also recommend that you have the Adobe Illustrator software before starting the class. You can purchase the software or obtain a trial version of it from the Adobe web site.
- Public Open Enrollment Training Courses - Course hours are 9am-4pm
- Public Open Enrollment Training hours scheduled at Branch locations may vary.
- Public Open Enrollment Online Courses - Course hours are 10am-5pm EST
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
[Add to Wishlist]