InDesign 201 - Adobe InDesign - Advanced
This 2-day advanced Adobe InDesign training class helps experienced InDesign users elevate their skills and learn about new features in the most current version of InDesign. You will learn to create and edit more complex documents and work with additional InDesign palettes, features and tools to further understand the capabilities of this high-end design application. It provides the InDesign user the opportunity to see their knowledge progress to a verifiably advanced level. Adobe recommends this course for those planning to obtain the Adobe Certified Expert - InDesign credential. All our InDesign classes feature a live Adobe certified expert instructor in the same classroom with you. This course is regularly updated for the latest new features in Adobe InDesign CC, but is fully appropriate for users of InDesign CS6 and earlier versions.
Schedule and Pricing
Schedule of upcoming Adobe InDesign - Advanced classes.
Designers will gain stronger typographic, page layout, and document-construction skills that will enable them to produce higher quality print and digital publications in less time. Maximize efficiency with quick keys, become comfortable importing and exporting more complicated files, learn InDesign best practices, and get a fast track to creating rich layouts using the latest design standards.
Who Should Attend
This InDesign training course is designed for those who already know the fundamentals of InDesign and want to learn more advanced functions to improve speed, productivity, and accuracy. This includes:
- Intermediate and experienced InDesign users
- Professional graphic designers and graphic artists
- Production managers
- Prepress professionals
Students are required to be relatively well-versed in the basics of InDesign as covered in the Adobe InDesign Essentials class. Users ideally should have attended this class but the who have not attended are allowed to attend this class if they have mastered InDesign basics and have equivalent experience.
Certifications, Exams, and Continuing Education
Adobe Certified Expert - InDesign
The Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) program helps you gain professional recognition for your Adobe product skill and expertise. Adobe certifications are recognized as an industry standard of technical excellence worldwide - and it’s the best way to promote your proficiency in InDesign to employers or prospective clients.
Adobe InDesign CC ACE Certification Exam Guide
How to Enroll
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
- Advanced page layout techniques including straddles, bleeds, insets and spreads
- Advanced text flow options and composition techniques such as conditional text
- Managing linked files and working with others in a production team including tracking changes
- Advanced stylesheet techniques including nesting of styles, GREP styles and automatic formatting
- Ensuring consistency of object formatting throughout a document using object styles
- Working with Creative Cloud libraries for text, objects and snippets and using Creative Cloud mobile apps
- Converting legacy documents including converting from QuarkXPress or PageMaker
- Building documents with alternate layouts and page sizes and using Liquid Layout
- Working more extensively with tables including table styles and graphics within tables
- Managing long documents such as ebooks, proposals and catalogs
- Creating a Table of Contents, indexes, and endnotes
- Troubleshooting printing problems and addressing print issues including preflight, packaging and the content collector, trapping, color/ink management and pagination
- Advanced transparency techniques, tint and gradient swatches, blending modes and spaces, clipping paths and alpha channels, and flattening settings
- Creating data‐driven documents including working with text variables, data merge, IDML and adding and validating XML Structure
- Advanced path and pen tool tricks and techniques including pathfinder and shape conversion
- Creating interactive Adobe PDF files with form fields
- Adding and editing InDesign scripts
- PDF Accessibility and Section 508 compliance using InDesign
- Exporting InDesign content to HTML and CMS (content management systems)
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
* Outline Attached Content (Class Times)
Available Delivery Methods
- ILT - Instuctor-Led training - Regularly scheduled class at our training centers with a live instructor in the classroom with you
- VILT - Virtual Instructor-Led training - Online class delivered by a live instructor in a virtual classroom
- Onsite - Private or custom training delivered at your location
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
[Add to Wishlist]