InDesign 301 - InDesign: Mobile and Tablet Publishing
In this 1-day InDesign mobile/tablet publishing training class, you will learn to create new documents or convert existing documents to EPUB, Kindle/AZW, MOBI, PDF and HTML formats for iPad, Kindle and other E-readers. Add interactivity such as videos, slideshows, interviews and music to make the experience more engaging and exciting for the reader.
Schedule and Pricing
Schedule of upcoming InDesign Mobile/Tablet Pubslishing classes.
Overview of Learning Objectives
- Introduction to Creating eBooks with InDesign
- Creating hyperlinks and cross-references
- Creating new InDesign documents with EPUB in mind
- Designing visually rich and interactive fixed-layout EPUBs
- Converting graphics created in InDesign to external linked files
- Using the Articles panel to define reading order
- Adding metadata
- Exporting and working with HTML code
- Preview and exporting interactive documents
- Best practices for publishing to Amazon, iBooks, and other tablet publishing and ebook stores
- Making accessible Section 508 compliant eBooks
Who Should Attend
Those seeking to master publishing of InDesign content for mobile and tablet applications.
This class is not intended for people brand new to InDesign. If you’ve never created an InDesign document before, we’d suggest our introductory 2-day Adobe InDesign Essentials class as a prerequisite. While not required to attend we strongly suggest that students bring their personal e-reader such as an iPad or Kindle to test projects on (We can provide one for use int he class, if notice is given at registration). We also recommend that you have the Adobe InDesign software before starting the class. You can purchase the software or obtain a trial version of it from the Adobe website.
Applicable Certifications, Exams, and Continuing Education Information
- Public Open Enrollment Training Courses - Course hours are 9am-4pm
- Public Open Enrollment Training hours scheduled at Branch locations may vary.
- Public Open Enrollment Online Courses - Course hours are 10am-5pm EST
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
Training Modalities Available
[Add to Wishlist]