Inventor 101 - Inventor Introduction to Solid Modeling Intro
This 2-day class Participants are guided in the best usage approaches for parametric design philosophy through a hands-on, practice-intensive curriculum. Participants acquire the knowledge needed to complete the process of designing models from conceptual sketching, through to solid modeling, assembly design, and drawing production.
Schedule and Pricing
Click here for a schedule of upcoming classes.
- Understanding the Autodesk® Inventor® software interface
- Creating, constraining, and dimensioning 2D sketches
- Creating and editing the solid base 3D feature from a sketch
- Creating and editing secondary solid features that are sketched and placed
- Creating equations and working with parameters
- Manipulating the display of the model
- Resolving feature failures
Overview of Learning Objectives
- Introduction to Autodesk Inventor
- Creating the Base Feature
- Additional Sketching Tools
- Advanced Sketch Editing Tools
- Sketched Secondary Features
- Creating Pick and Place Features
- Work Features
- Model and Display Manipulation
- Fixing Problems
- Duplication Tool
- Feature Relationships
- Assembly Enviorement
- Joint Connections
- Manipulating Assembly Display
- Model Information
- Presentation Files
- Drawing Annotations
- Customizing Autodesk Inventor
- Effective Modeling
Students need to be experienced with the Windows operating system and a background in drafting of 3D parts is recommended. A working knowledge of basic design/drafting procedures and terminology is highly suggested.
Applicable Certifications, Exams, and Continuing Education Information
The Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional badge validates professional users’ advanced knowledge of the tools, features, and common tasks of Inventor. Earners of this designation have demonstrated knowledge of advanced modeling, assembly modeling, creating a weldment, and more using Inventor.
This badge is issued by Autodesk
- Public Open Enrollment Training Courses - Course hours are 9am-4pm
- Public Open Enrollment Training hours scheduled at Branch locations may vary.
- Public Open Enrollment Online Courses - Course hours are 10am-5pm EST
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
[Add to Wishlist]