Joomla 101 - Joomla
In this 3-day class create Participants first Joomla website from scratch or create a Joomla template, Participants Joomla instructor will help Participants master this popular open-source CMS. Learn how to use Joomla with responsive design, dynamic functionality, and access control lists, secure, administrate, and fill Participants site with content.
Schedule and Pricing
Click here for a schedule of upcoming classes.
- Installing Joomla in four steps
- Making the switch-building websites the Joomla way
- Taking control: administering Students site in the backend
- Content management example: let’s create some content!
- Site management example: configuring basic site settings
- CSS stylesheets? Come again?
- Making content visible on the site: create a menu link
- Displaying main categories and subcategories on Students site
- Secure Students site from hackers and potential threats using easy-to-follow techniques
Overview of Learning Objectives
- Introduction: A New and Easy Way to Build Websites
- Installation: Getting Joomla Up and Running
- First Step: Getting to Know Joomla
- Web Building Basics: Creating a Site in an Hour
- Small Sites, Big Sites: Organizing Students Content Effectively Creating Killer Content: Adding and Editing Articles
- Welcoming Students Visitors: Creating Attractive Home Pages and Overview Pages
- Helping Students Visitors Find What they Want: Managing Menus
- Opening up the Site: Enabling Users to Log in and Contribute
- Getting the Most out of Students Site: Extending Joomla
- Creating an Attractive Design: Working with Templates
- Attracting Search Engine Traffic: Tips and Techniques
Knowledge of your operating system and basic computer navigation is required for all classes.
- Public Open Enrollment Training Courses - Course hours are 9am-4pm
- Public Open Enrollment Training hours scheduled at Branch locations may vary.
- Public Open Enrollment Online Courses - Course hours are 10am-5pm EST
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
[Add to Wishlist]