Maya 101 - Maya 101 - Beginner
This 3-day class introduces Participants to the world of Autodesk Maya. Each lesson is conducted to acquaint the student with the interface, controls, drawing tools, modeling, animation and graphic toolsets of the latest version of the software. The instructor will guide the student in creating their first object.
Schedule and Pricing
Click here for a schedule of upcoming classes.
- Moving Views and Manipulating Objects
- Using Animation Principles to Improve Students Work
- Box Modeling and Building a Character
- Creating Edge Loops
- Mirroring Students Model
- Creating Students Subdiv Model
- Creating Deformers for Students Character
- Connecting Students Joints to Students Model
- Making 2D Images Out of 3D Scenes
A working knowledge of basic 3d procedures and terminology. The Maya class contributes to our courses in Computer Animation, Modeling, Graphic Design, Digital Set Design, Compositing and Visual Effects.
How to Enroll
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
- Understanding the Maya Interface
- Creating Students First Animation
- Modeling with Polygons
- Modeling with Subdivision Surfaces
- Surfacing Students Character
- Getting Bent Out of Shape: Blend Shapes
- Dem Bones: Setting Up Students Joint System
- Weighting Students Joints
- Rigging Students Character
- Making It Move: Animating Students Character
- Let There Be Light: Lighting Students Shot
- Rendering and Compositing Students Scene
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
* Outline Attached Content (Class Times)
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
[Add to Wishlist]