Photoshop 220 - Adobe Photoshop: Masking & Compositing Fundamentals
In this 2-day class, Participants learn the fundamentals of Photoshop masking and compositing to create a single, seamless piece of artwork. By making selections with masks and then combining them in new ways using layer effects, blend modes, and other techniques, Photoshop enables users to combine multiple images into a coherent whole. Participants will be introduced to the Channels panel and the alpha channel, which is the key to masking and transparency in Photoshop. The class reviews the selection tools, including the Color Range tool, Quick Mask mode, and the Refine Edge command. Learn how to blend masked images so they interact naturally. Exercise files accompany the course.
Schedule and Pricing
Click here for a schedule of upcoming classes.
- Setting up a workspace
- Working with the seven key selection tools
- Using the Color Range command
- Automating masking
- Matching a scene with Smart Filters
- Choosing the ideal base channel
- Converting a channel to a mask
- Painting with the Overlay and Soft Light modes
- Using History to regain a lost mask
- Working with the Calculations command
- Extracting a mask from a Smart Object
- Masking and compositing light
- Masking with black and white
- Working with path outlines
- Combining pixel and vector masks
- Creating and feathering a vector mask
Overview of Learning Objectives
- It All Starts with the Channel
- The Magic of Masking
- The Science of Compositing
- The Essentials of Selecting
- The Versatility of Combining and Transforming
- The Unmatched Power of Color Range
- The Unearthly Joy of Refinement
- The Rewards of Everyday Masking
- The Mechanics of Layer Masks
We highly recommend attending our first Adobe Photoshop CC Essential Skills class before coming to the course. You’ll get the most out of this class if you know some of the basics such as using layers, masking, and adjustments. For more experienced Photoshop users, previous attendance is not required. We also recommend that you have the Adobe Photoshop software before starting the class. You can purchase the software or obtain a trial version of it from the Adobe website.
- Public Open Enrollment Training Courses - Course hours are 9am-4pm
- Public Open Enrollment Training hours scheduled at Branch locations may vary.
- Public Open Enrollment Online Courses - Course hours are 10am-5pm EST
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
[Add to Wishlist]