SpeedGrade 101 - SpeedGrade
SpeedGrade is a color grading and finishing tool that lets video editors control color and light for any type of content added to a video production. It provides layer-based color correction and look design tools to ensure that digital video projects are visually consistent and aesthetically compelling.
This 2-day course provides a thorough overview of the interface, the tools, the features, tricks, and tips for using Speedgrade CC. Participants will learn how to perform a basic color grade, create looks, mask footage, and apply grades to multiple clips, and see how SpeedGrade positively effects an overall post-production workflow.
Schedule and Pricing
Click here for a schedule of upcoming classes.
- Master the Lumetri deep color engine and color correction tools of SpeedGrade CC
- Perform professional color grading on video footage-either in raw format or as an edited composition derived from Premiere Pro
- Take your creative work to the next level in a professional grading environment
Overview of Learning Objectives
- The SpeedGrade workflow
- Loading and conforming media in SpeedGrade
- Using Scene Change detection
- Primary corrections including using the Primary controls, adjusting contrast and colorand using a control surface
- Using and tracking masks for mask based corrections
- Working with secondary layers including single-component keys, inside/outside adjustments, limiting secondaries and legalizing problem colors
- Scene Balancing including managing grades and working with and annotating Grade Tracks
- Keyframing and Pan & Scan
- Creating dailies with SpeedGrade
- Tips, tricks and creative techniques in SpeedGrade using custom Look layers
- Stereographic Workflows including creating stereo projects, monitoring stereo timelines, matching left and right-eye media, controlling convergence and grading stereo projects
- Rendering and exporting graded media directly and to an EDL (Edit Decision List)
Who Should Attend
Color correctors, videographers, video producers, filmmakers, colorists, visual effects artists or any video editors who want to deliver balanced color and distinctive, vibrant looks for any type of video production will find the class a worthwhile investment.
Practical working knowledge of computers and basic Mac OS X or Windows skills in a video editing environment.
Attendance of our introductory Premiere Pro or After Effects class or equivalent experience.
- Public Open Enrollment Training Courses - Course hours are 9am-4pm
- Public Open Enrollment Training hours scheduled at Branch locations may vary.
- Public Open Enrollment Online Courses - Course hours are 10am-5pm EST
|We suggest you have a look at the following learning path(s): Video Editor
We also suggest having a look at the following related classes:
|This Class is also included in the following discounted class bundle(s): Video Editor
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
[Add to Wishlist]