WordPress 201 - Advanced WordPress for Business
WordPress is the most popular self-hosted open source website software in use today, with good reason! This 2-day course seeks to provide Participants with the most up-to-date, intuitive methods for developing and designing in WordPress. This course will focus on the more advanced functions that have become indespensible to WordPress business usage, workflow, presentability and productivity.
This course covers WordPress development and design concepts above and beyond mere version features, and provides an essential foundation for continually developing WordPress expertise!
Schedule and Pricing
Click here for a schedule of upcoming classes.
This course will impart critical knowledge about advanced functionality within WordPress, capable of handling tasks at the business or institutional level! This course will start Participants upon the path of being business-ready users, capable of making WordPress work hard for them, not the other way around.
Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students will deepen their familiarity with WordPress concepts, whilst gaining hands-on skills in developing, evaluating, and optimizing their work for visual appeal and productivity!
- Learn the intricacies of the program, as well as receive the wisdom passed from seasoned WordPress experts!
- This course has a focus on making Participants work stand out, in both form and function, from the business norm!
- Among many other inuitive usage updates, Participants will learn the newest tips and best practices, to have them creating media and mobile content quickly and with finesse!
Overview of Learning Objectives
Our aim is for the students to get the most out of the class, so class material can have a measure of fluidity, but Participants will learn:
- Directory and File Stucture
- WordPress Configuration
- WP-content User Playground
WORKING WITH WORDPRESS LOCALLY
- Benefits of Working Locally
- Tools for Component Administration
- Configuration Details
- Deploying Local changes
TOUR OF THE CORE
- Whats in the Core?
- Using the Core as a Reference
- WordPress Codex and Resources
- Don’t Hack the Core!
- Understanding the Loop
- Template tags
- Customizing the Loop
- Global Variables
- Working Outside the Loop
- Database Schema
- Table details
- WordPress Database Class
- Direct Database manipulation
CUSTOM POST TYPES, CUSTOM TAXONOMIES, AND METADATA
- Understanding Data in WordPress
- WordPress Taxonomy
- Building your own Taxonomy
- Plugin Packaging
- Plugin Security
- Know your hooks: actions and filters
- Plugin Settings
- WordPress Integration
- Creating a Plugin example
- Publishing to the Plugin directory
- What is Multisite?
- Working in a Network
- Coding for Multisite
- Multisite Database Schema
- Getting noticed
- Simple social networking badges
- Collecting external content
Other sections covered include:
STATISTICS, SCALABILITY, SECURITY, AND SPAM
WORDPRESS AS A CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
WORDPRESS IN THE ENTERPRISE
WORDPRESS DEVELOPER COMMUNITY
We recommend that you have attended or have equivalent knowledge of topics covers in our WordPress Fundamentals for Professionals . Also a strong understanding of CSS and HTML is recommended, you may want to attend our Modern HTML5 Development and Advanced CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) in advance of this class.
This course is also included in our: WordPress 501 5-day WordPress Professional Bootcamp!
- Public Open Enrollment Training Courses - Course hours are 9am-4pm
- Public Open Enrollment Training hours scheduled at Branch locations may vary.
- Public Open Enrollment Online Courses - Course hours are 10am-5pm EST
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
[Add to Wishlist]