XML 101 - XML Introduction and Core Concepts
This 2-day class is designed for both technical developers and content contributors. The core XML technologies are covered, including XPath, XSLT, XML DOM, DTDs, and XML Schema. The Oxygen XML Editor is used for this class but the class is also appropriate for users of other XML tools and environments.
Schedule and Pricing
Click here for a schedule of upcoming classes.
- Leverage the power of XML and related technologies
- XML is an effective way to conduct business-to-business transactions and handling data interchange
- Learn how XML and its related technologies function and how they facilitate integration between applications
- Master the core syntax of XML, DTD, and XML Schema
- Learn the fundamentals of XSL
- Learn to use XPath
This class is appropriate for people with experience with other markup languages such as HTML. We highly recommend you attend our class Modern HTML5 Development before attending this class if you are not already familiar with HTML markup.
We also suggest having a look at the following related classes:
How to Enroll
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
- Identify the benefit of using XML. a foundational language on the Internet.
- Intro to XML standards such as DITA, EPUB, Docbook and XSL-FO.
- Write well-formed XML using XML syntax
- Write valid XML with DTDs. such as elements, attributes, comments
- Write valid XML with Schema and processing instructions.
- Use DOM and SAX effectively.
- Display XML in browsers using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- Transform XML using XSLT. Identify the functions and benefits of the XML linking specifications.
- Use XML namespaces and create links using the HTML namespace.
- XPath: patterns, expressions and functions.
- Managing and Filtering SharePoint Resources with XML
- Connecting to a repository located on a SharePoint server and using SharePoint-specific actions when editing topics in a DITA Map.
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
* Outline Attached Content (Class Times)
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
[Add to Wishlist]