XML 110 - Altova XMLSpy
This 2-day class provides participants with the concepts and skills to effectively use Altova XMLSpy . XMLSpy is used in designing, editing and debugging enterprise-class applications involving XML, XML Schema, XSL/XSLT, SOAP, WSDL and Web Service technologies. As a true Integrated Development Environment (IDE), XMLSpy contains features required for many different XML-related tasks. Get the most out of Altova XMLSpy with hands-on practice working with basic through advanced techniques.
Important note: We would be delighted to customize this course to be specific to current projects, developers’ experience, and the programming languages with which you regularly work. Similarly, if your organization has purchased Altova’s StyleVision or Authentic products, we can teach these as part of the course.
Schedule and Pricing
Click here for a schedule of upcoming classes.
- Explore XMLSpy
- Edit XML documents with XMLSpy
- Create XML documents based on DTDs
- Create XML documents based on XML schemas
- Learn Advanced XML Schemas
- Import data into XMLSpy
- Understand Projects and tool
- Explore XSLT
- Learn Web Service Development with XMLSpy
Overview of Learning Objectives
- Review of XML technologies and how they are used in modern applications
- Creating an XML document
- Using xmlspy’s Grid view as a more visual way to edit XML documents
- Creating XML documents based on DTDs
- Creating XML documents based on XML Schemas
- Advanced XML Schemas
- Importing data into XMLSpy
- Projects and tools
- Overview of XSL, XSLT, and XSL:FO
- Web service development with xmlspy
- Adding Background Audio
Prior knowledge of XML is strongly recommended, but this xmlspy training class can be customized for audiences that are not previously XML experienced.
- Public Open Enrollment Training Courses - Course hours are 9am-4pm
- Public Open Enrollment Training hours scheduled at Branch locations may vary.
- Public Open Enrollment Online Courses - Course hours are 10am-5pm EST
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
[Add to Wishlist]