Illustrator 202 - Illustrator - User Interface Design
Illustrator plays a pivotal role in many organizational Web or App design workflows; our instructors will utilize a blend of hands-on instruction and personal knowledge to equip Participants with the tools and techniques necessary to create a successful product design. This 1-day instructor-led training will place emphasis on the creation of visually appealing, and functionally adept user interface designs that will engage viewers, who will then engage in your content!
Schedule and Pricing
Click here for a schedule of upcoming classes.
Illustrator is one of those programs, noteworthy for its type tools, spacious artboard, libraries of reusable artwork, and clean vector lines - but what does it all mean if they aren’t utilized to their potential?
Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students will deepen their familiarity with Illustrator concepts, whilst gaining hands-on skills in developing, evaluating, and optimizing their work for visual appeal and productivity!
Participants will benefit from a range of instruction such as:
- Setting up artboards
- Using guides, grids, and snapping to assemble your visual theme
- Intuitive ways of working with text and shapes
- Creating and Utilizing reusable artwork
- Organizing content for efficiency and visual appeal
- Exporting assets
and much more!
Overview of Learning Objectives
Our aim is for the students to get the most out of the class, so class material can have a measure of fluidity, but generally, Participants will learn:
- Working effectively with Dynamic Buttons: save time creating buttons with the dynamic button style.
- Getting a handle on Text Styles: apply complex paragraph styles to your text in one click.
- Engaging with Global Colors: this is the fastest way to apply a color change to the whole design, and to keep you colors consistent.
- Modular Design: Create modular components using the Symbols panel. This will allow you to reuse and modify elements across an entire website. Not only does it save you time, but it guarantees consistency.
- Icon Fonts: Easily insert icons from icon fonts in your designs.
- CSS Frameworks Columns: In Illustrator, define a column grid based on your favorite CSS framework.
- Setting up a grid for Webdesign
- Multiple Screen Design: Use up to 99 artboards for all your application or website screens.
- Resizing objects without distorting them
- Image masks: Use circles, ellipse, or any vector shape as a mask.
- Save time starting new projects by learning about the Starter Template offerings that fit your needs.
- Graphics Styles: learn to navigate your library of Graphic styles, which can be quickly applied to buttons, menus, panels, and so on.
- Text wrapping, and other formatting tricks such as rounding corners.
Who Should Attend
This class will be most helpful to users that have experience up to and including: Illustrator 101
It is expected that users have a basic understanding of how they hope to use this program to further their goals. Many of our instructors are also happy to help with questions specific to projects students are working on!
* Outline Attached Content (Class Times)
- Public Open Enrollment Training Courses - Course hours are 9am-4pm
- Public Open Enrollment Training hours scheduled at Branch locations may vary.
- Public Open Enrollment Online Courses - Course hours are 10am-5pm EST
* Outline Attached Content (Locations)
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
[Add to Wishlist]