3ds Max 101 - Autodesk 3ds Max Essentials
This 3-day Autodesk authorized 3DS Max training class is designed to provide 3ds Max users with an understanding of core 3ds Max functionality and features so that they can create, edit, and organize 3ds Max projects. While appropriate for all users, the projects used are geared towards real-world tasks encountered by users of 3ds Max in the architecture, interior design, and civil engineering industries. The class provides a thorough introduction to using Autodesk 3ds Max and helps both new users and self-taught users make the most of this sophisticated 3d design application.
Schedule and Pricing
Schedule of upcoming 3ds Max training classes.
This 3ds Max class will provide you with the skills need for creating photo-realistic still renderings and desktop animations. 3DS Max includes its own tools for 2D and 3D modeling which you will learn to use in this class. You will also learn to work with geometry imported from many other applications. Attending the class will make you comfortable with the 3DS Max user interface, basic modeling and animation, using materials and mapping, and rendering stills and basic animations.
After each topic is introduced, students complete a hands-on practice that reinforces the topic or skill that was just presented. The topics and practices generally follow a building-block approach, where each succeeding practice reinforces earlier topics. The instructor works individually with students to answer any questions and ensure that they all are able to understand and complete the practices.
Attending this class will provide a solid grounding in 3ds Max so that you can immediately be productive.
Overview of Learning Objectives
- 3ds Max user interface overview, viewport navigation and production workflow
- 3ds Max configuration and preferences and customizing the 3ds Max UI
- Assembling media assets and files into a 3ds Max project foleder by importing, linking, & merging
- Basic 3D polygonal modeling techniques with 2D and 3D primitives, splines and objects
- Basic of procedural modeling and lofting
- Selecting (including sub object selections), transforming, aligning, pivoting and cloning 3D objects
- Using arrays. mirror, the modifier stack and probooleans to create and modify 3D objects
- Materials and maps including mapping coordinates and scaling
- Introduction to 3ds Max lighting and scene management
- Working with cameras and exposure control
- Rendering using various renderers such as Scanline, ART, and Arnold
- Animation for visualization
- Advanced topics, such as sophisticated character modeling, animation, and rigging are not typically covered in this fundamentals class, although the instructor may adapt some topics to the skills of those participating.
Who Should Attend
- New and self-taught users of 3ds Max in the architecture, graphic design, interior design, mechanical engineering and civil engineering industries
- People looking to learn the fundamentals of 3ds Max for design visualization and presentation
- People learning to gain the Autodesk 3ds Max Certified Professional credential
- 3ds Max is also used throughout the production cycle in film, video game, and television development. While this class is a useful starting point for novice users in these industries, advanced topics (such as character modeling, character animation, and rigging) are not typically covered in this class, although the instructor may adapt some topics to the skills of those participating.
This class starts at the beginning and teach the fundamentals so it is appropriate for novice users. No previous 3d experience is necessary. That said, while extensive experience with 3DS Max or 3d software is not required, you’ll get the most out of this class if you have begun to experiment with the software at least a little bit.
Previous exposure and use of AutoCAD or other 2D drafting programs is helpful.
Participants should have access to 3DS Max at home or at work. Students and educators can download 3ds Max for free.
Applicable Certifications, Exams, and Continuing Education Information
The 3ds Max Certified Professional credential validates professional users’ knowledge of the tools, features, and common tasks of 3ds Max. Earners of this designation have demonstrated knowledge of rendering, object and data management, advanced modeling, and more using 3ds Max.
This badge is issued by Autodesk
- Public Open Enrollment Training Courses - Course hours are 9am-4pm
- Public Open Enrollment Training hours scheduled at Branch locations may vary.
- Public Open Enrollment Online Courses - Course hours are 10am-5pm EST
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
Training Modalities Available
[Add to Wishlist]