After Effects 202 - Creating Animated Characters in After Effects
In this 1-day crash course Participants will be introduced to the tools needed to create and animate highly controllable characters using After Effects. The course covers how to design the characters in Photoshop or Illustrator, as well as draw them straight from After Effects; how to assemble characters with hierarchies; make realistic deformations with the Puppet tool; automate rigs with expressions; create realistic head turns; and show advanced techniques such as using null objects as bones. Finally, the course shows how to perform a basic animation with the character and ensure the rig works correctly. Exercise files are included with the course.
Schedule and Pricing
Click here for a schedule of upcoming classes.
- Learn how to import Illustrator or Photoshop files into After Effects
- Discover animating shapes
- Organize scenes with null layers
- Work with the Puppet tool
- Create replacement animation using time remapping
- Automate head turns
- Create a master control node with Expression Controls effects
- Set up a scene for animation
- Animate dialogue
Overview of Learning Objectives
- Designing Characters
- Drawing Characters in After Effects
- Assembling Characters Using Hierarchies
- Working with the Puppet Tool
- Replacement Animation
- Automating Head Turns
- Automating Character Rigs with Expressions
- Advanced Puppet Tool Rigging
- Animating a Scene
This class is appropriate for novice users of After Effects. Experience with Photoshop or attendance of our Adobe Photoshop CC Essential Skills class will be necessary in order to get the most out of this class. We also recommend that you have the Adobe After Effects software before starting the class. You can purchase the software or obtain a trial version of it from the Adobe web site.
- Public Open Enrollment Training Courses - Course hours are 9am-4pm
- Public Open Enrollment Training hours scheduled at Branch locations may vary.
- Public Open Enrollment Online Courses - Course hours are 10am-5pm EST
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
[Add to Wishlist]