Android 201 - Android Development Advanced
In this class, Participants will learn advanced techniques to program their Android devices. Android is a mobile operating system created by Google and based on Linux. Using the Android software development kit (SDK), developers create applications on the Android platform using the Java programming language.
Schedule and Pricing
Click here for a schedule of upcoming classes.
- Learn to Save and Load Local Files
- Explore Context Menus and Contextual Action Mode
- Explore Camera
- Understand Styles And Includes
- Learn XML Drawables And 9-Patches
- Understand HTTP & Background Tasks
- Define Loopers, Handlers, and HandlerThread
- Tracking the Device’s Location
- Local Databases with SQLite
- Loading Asynchronous Data With Loaders
- Using Maps
Overview of Learning Objectives
- Saving and Loading Data in CriminalIntent
- Accessing files and directories
- Creating the context menu
- More advanced integration
- Adding activity and camera permissions to the manifest
- Asking Android for a contact
- Checking for responding activities
- Adding layout Flexibility
- Cleaning Up with Styles
- XML Drawables
- Creating PhotoGallery
- Networking Basics
- Using handlers
- The Search Dialog
- Handling Touch Events
- Tracking across motion events
- Setting up RunFragment
- Testing Locations on Real and Virtual Devices
Knowledge of programming and object-oriented programming concepts. Java programming experience recommended. We also recommend that you attend our Introduction to Android Development course or have equivalent knowledge.
- Public Open Enrollment Training Courses - Course hours are 9am-4pm
- Public Open Enrollment Training hours scheduled at Branch locations may vary.
- Public Open Enrollment Online Courses - Course hours are 10am-5pm EST
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
[Add to Wishlist]