Captivate 101 - Adobe Captivate
In this 2-day Adobe Captivate training class you will be provided the hands-on practice you need to develop and build interactive eLearning courses and software demonstrations. You’ll learn to create complete Captivate projects using objects such as hotspots, interactive elements, voice narrations and audio. In addition to learning key concepts of elearning, you’ll learn best practices for creating and publishing Captivate projects in professional development workflows.
Schedule and Pricing
Click here for a schedule of upcoming Captivate classes.
Learning Adobe Captivate will empower you to create all kinds of fully-responsive eLearning content with the industries most popular smart coursware authoring tool. You will learn to design modern immersive learning experiences using all types of media assets. You will master adding interactivity to existing PowerPoint slides and videos that you record yourself or bring in from YouTube. Attending this class will have you easily creating engaging eLearning content that works across all devices.
Overview of Learning Objectives
- Understanding the Captivate user interface, elearning development workflows and creating new projects
- Setting object styles, controlling slide objects, and working with text captions
- Creating and editing responsive images, objects and interactions
- Using smart shapes, libraries and cloud callouts
- Recording demonstrations, simulations and assessments
- Adding interactivity using buttons, pointers, highlight boxes, rollovers, zoom areas and sound
- Recording, adding and editing audio including using text to speech
- Adding video, animation, and special effects
- Converting and integrating with Microsoft Powerpoint and YouTube
- Working with Question slides and knowledge checks
- Using skins, themes, masters, templates and loading screens
- Publishing Captivate projects to web, mobile and PDF
Who Should Attend
Corporate training professionals, educators, instructional designers, and business users who want to create product demos, application simulations, soft skills/ compliance training, or mobile learning.
Educators and trainers who are currently using PowerPoint and need to add interactivity to their training materials.
Anyone needing to create professional educational content for topics such as new employee onboarding, soft skills development, or compliance training.
No prior experience with Adobe Captivate is necessary for this course, only an open mind a good attitude, and a willingness to learn althogh the course is appropriate for those with some previous Captivate experience as well. The presentation of the course is tailored to those that attend, taking into consideration individual skill levels within the group.
Knowledge of your computer’s operating system and basic computer navigation is required for all classes, of course.
We do recommend that attendees have access to the Adobe Captivate software before starting the class. You can purchase the software or obtain a trial version of it on the Adobe website.
- Public Open Enrollment Training Courses - Course hours are 9am-4pm
- Public Open Enrollment Training hours scheduled at Branch locations may vary.
- Public Open Enrollment Online Courses - Course hours are 10am-5pm EST
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
[Add to Wishlist]