ColdFusion 301 - Adobe ColdFusion - Advanced: Java for ColdFusion Programmers
Java is the dominant programming language, but for many ColdFusion programmers, the idea of dealing with a new syntax plus the very different way of thinking is intimidating. Learning the Java syntax isn’t enough; Participants need to learn how to model applications properly. This class will help Participants use Participants existing ColdFusion knowledge to attain a solid foundation of both OO and the Java language.
Over the 5-day course Participants will learn about ColdFusion extensibility as well. Built within ColdFusion is the structure necessary to add to its capabilities. ColdFusion is able to handle most of Participants everyday needs as a programmer with just a few lines. Plus, ColdFusion can simply be extended with JAVA.
Schedule and Pricing
Click here for a schedule of upcoming classes.
- Understand Polymorphism
- Explore Basic Java syntax
- Learn Inheritance
- Examine Collections classes
- Build search interfaces
- Explore The J2EE road map
- Learn Execution control with conditionals
- Understand Abstract classes and methods
Overview of Learning Objectives
- An introduction to object orientation
- Working with class relationships to create object models
- Aggregation, composition, and delegation
- The J2EE roadmap
- Basic Java syntax
- Primitives and classes
- Coding consistencies
- Strong typing and polymorphism
- Execution control with conditionals and loops
- Overloading and overriding methods
- The “this” handle
- The “super” handle
- Constructors and constructor chaining
- Access modifiers
- Implicit and explicit casting
- Collections classes
- Designing with interfaces
- Static classes and methods
- Abstract classes and methods
- Making things “final”
- Understanding the Java API docs
- Integrating Java and ColdFusion
Because of the advanced level of material covered in this class, we do require students to attend the Adobe ColdFusion - Fast Track to ColdFusion and Adobe ColdFusion - Advanced ColdFusion Development classes or have the equivalent knowledge. We also recommend that you have the Adobe ColdFusion software before starting the class. You can purchase the software or obtain a trial version of it from the Adobe website.
- Public Open Enrollment Training Courses - Course hours are 9am-4pm
- Public Open Enrollment Training hours scheduled at Branch locations may vary.
- Public Open Enrollment Online Courses - Course hours are 10am-5pm EST
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
[Add to Wishlist]