CSS 101 - Advanced CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
This is an exciting 2-day course which teaches the web designer how to control the appearance of their web design by separating the visual presentation from the content. This class covers basic to advanced design topics including selectors, the cascade, and inheritance. The training also covers how to build effective navigation, how to lay out pages, and how to work with typography, colors, backgrounds, and white space. Using a project-based approach, the Participants will through the process of creating a Web page, while learning the essentials of CSS along the way.
Schedule and Pricing
Click here for a schedule of upcoming classes.
- Understand The Box Model: Padding, Margins, Borders
- Discover Nested Selectors & More Box Model
- Learn Floats & Clearing
- Explore CSS Rollovers
- Worl with Rounded Corners with Absolute Positioning
- Learn the Bootstrap Grid Layouts
- Create Accessible Form Layouts & Styling
- Develop Custom Corners & Borders (Shadows, etc.)
- Explore Web Fonts with FontSquirrel
Overview of Learning Objectives
- CSS for Layouts, float, absolute, relative, box model
- CSS Tricks
- Publishing to Codepen.io
- Bootstrap Grid Layout
- Responsive Design: Print vs Screen vs Tablet
- Custom Corners & Borders (Shadows)
- Column Hovers & Layered Divs
- Templates with Handlebars
- Web Fonts
Knowledge of your operating system and basic computer navigation is required for all classes. We also recommend that you have the Adobe Dreamweaver software before starting the class. You can purchase the software or obtain a trial version of it for the Adobe website.
- Public Open Enrollment Training Courses - Course hours are 9am-4pm
- Public Open Enrollment Training hours scheduled at Branch locations may vary.
- Public Open Enrollment Online Courses - Course hours are 10am-5pm EST
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
[Add to Wishlist]