Flash 201 - Adobe Flash: ActionScript
ActionScript is the driving force behind Flash. This class is designed for intermediate level Flash designers who would like to create powerful, compelling, and highly interactive digital content for the web and devices. In this 3-day course the Participants will discover the fundamentals of the ActionScript development language. This class also briefly covers working in Flash for Adobe AIR Application Development. The foundation for the course are the basics of creating an ActionScript class. An ActionScript class is simply a text file that stores code externally to an editable Flash file. Developers use classes to create organized code frameworks that can be assigned to elements within their Flash movies (SWF files) and be reused across projects.
Schedule and Pricing
Schedule of upcoming Animate training classes.
- Variables and Properties
- Functions and Methods
- TextFormat Class
- Creating Animation with ActionScript 3.0
- Event Handling
- Arrays, Objects, and built-in classes
- Loops and Conditions
- ActionScript 3.0 and XML
- Controlling Sound in Flash
- Creating an AIR Application
We highly recommend attending Adobe Flash Professional before attending this course. If you do have experience with Flash in a professional environment and are ready to dive deeper into ActionScript, attendance of previous courses is not required. We also recommend that you have the Adobe Flash software before starting the class. You can purchase the software or obtain a trial version of it from the Adobe website.
How to Enroll
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
- Using Code Snippets and Navigating the Flash Timeline
- Working with Events and FunctionsCreating Animation with ActionScript
- Creating ActionScript in External Files
- Using ActionScript and Components to Load Content
- Creating Preloaders in ActionScript
- Using Arrays and Loops in ActionScript 3.0
- Creating and Formatting Text with ActionScript
- Controlling Sound with ActionScript
- Working with an XML Playlist
- Using ActionScript to Control Video in Flash
- Delving Deeper into Graphics and Animation with Actionscript
- Printing and Sending Email with ActionScript
- Creating Adobe AIR Applications with Flash and ActionScript 3.0
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
[Add to Wishlist]