InDesign 101 - Adobe InDesign Essentials
In this 2-day InDesign training class, you will learn to use the tools in Adobe InDesign to create professional page layouts including both single page and multi-page documents. This course introduces you to the newest techniques and tools used in Adobe InDesign CC for both print and digital publishing. You will learn to use the most current version of InDesign to design and publish a broad range of content in print, online, and for tablet and mobile applications. You will learn type controls, graphics file management, layers, style sheets, proper document setup, productivity shortcuts, and best practices. The real-world tasks in this course are presented in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step format using Adobe authorized hands-on exercises. All our InDesign classes feature a live Adobe certified expert instructor in the same classroom with you. This course is regularly updated for the latest new features in Adobe InDesign CC, but is fully appropriate for users of InDesign CC and later versions.
Schedule and Pricing
Schedule of upcoming Indesign training classes.
Upon completion of this InDesign training course, you will be able to create simple or complex page layouts quickly and efficiently using Adobe InDesign’s tools and design environment. This training will give you the skills you need to create InDesign files that look polished and professional.
You will learn to use InDesign to create top-notch marketing materials. You will be able to create proposals that sizzle, catalogs that sell, and top notch magazines, newsletters or documents for professional print or online use. Instructors are experienced Adobe certified, industry professionals and have the real world knowledge needed to cover common mistakes made by InDesign novices.
Who Should Attend
This Adobe InDesign training class is recommended by Adobe for creative professionals seeking the fastest, easiest, most comprehensive way to learn Adobe InDesign.
This class is appropriate for those with little to no prior knowledge of using Adobe InDesign. Intermediate InDesign users with no formal training will also benefit from this class as tips, tricks, keyboard shortcuts and essential foundational InDesign skills are covered throughout this class. The class is also appropriate for those responsible for managing the workflow of a team of production artists as well as those who typically outsource much of their creation process but desire increased control and flexibility when editing and updating InDesign documents.
- Strong working knowledge of Mac or Windows operating system
- We recommend that you have access to the Adobe InDesign software before starting the class. You can purchase InDesign or obtain a free trial version from the Adobe website.
Certifications, Exams, and Continuing Education
Adobe Certified Expert - InDesign
The Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) program helps you gain professional recognition for your Adobe product skill and expertise. Adobe certifications are recognized as an industry standard of technical excellence worldwide - and it’s the best way to promote your proficiency in InDesign to employers or prospective clients.
Adobe InDesign CC ACE Certification Exam Guide
How to Enroll
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
- Navigating the InDesign user interface, document window and workspaces
- Setting preferences, defining presets, using templates and establishing an efficient production workflow
- Starting well-crafted short and long documents with appropriate settings
- Working with pages, master pages (including page numbering) and spreads
- Usng ruler guides, margins and columns
- Placing, flowing, editing and fitting text in frames and on a path
- Using typography related panels to format type (including drop caps, glyphs, kerning, leading and baseline grids)
- Importing Microsoft Word & Excel documents
- Importing and modifying graphics
- Using Story Editor and working with InCopy users
- Placing, manipulating, arranging, transforming and managing images, graphics and objects
- Precisely positioning objects on a page, using anchored/inline objects, and object effects
- Working with color panels and color related resources (including the eyedropper tool)
- Incorporating tables and tab settings
- Working with styles and stylesheets for text, objects and tables
- Export, reusing and sharing projects
- Understanding related Creative Cloud apps and tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Working with transparency
- Printing and exporting InDesign files in the appropriate format for print and digital publishing
- Creating adobe PDF files with form films
- Using InDesign to create and preview PDF files including adding basic interactive features
- Troubleshooting issues in InDesign related to page layout
- Analyze and working with InDesign documents built by other users
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
Available Delivery Methods
- ILT - Instuctor-Led training - Regularly scheduled class at our training centers with a live instructor in the classroom with you
- VILT - Virtual Instructor-Led training - Online class delivered by a live instructor in a virtual classroom
- Onsite - Private or custom training delivered at your location
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
[Add to Wishlist]