Photoshop 101 - Adobe Photoshop CC Essential Skills
Creative professionals seeking the fastest, easiest, most comprehensive way to learn Adobe Photoshop know the best way to learn is with structured hands-on instructor-led training at an Adobe authorized Photoshop training center using official Adobe courseware and lesson files.
In the 2-day Adobe-authorized Photoshop class, you will learn the fundamentals of Photoshop CC, the foundational tool for most creative projects. The class begins by teaching the Photoshop interface and how to properly setup a system for professional quality image editing. You’ll then dive into real-world workflows that pros use for effcicient photo retouching, repair and publishing. You will learn to work with layers, masks, channels and typography and gain all the skills you need to create amazing image effects.
Photoshop is a complex program and it is easy to develop habits that are not the best/easiest way of doing things. Our instructors are Photoshop professionals with years of experience, and will translate that expertise into real-world guidance on best practices and efficient workflows.
Schedule and Pricing
Schedule of upcoming Photoshop training classes.
- Learn to professionally create top notch imagery
- Photoshop proficiency is one of today’s most sought after skills
- Leave with industry best practices, tips and tricks
- Leverage this powerful tool to produce high-quality content for video, print and web
- Gain the foundational skills needed to advance to other applications in Adobe Creative Cloud
Who Should Attend
This class is appropriate for novice to intermediate level users of Photoshop as well as more advanced users who’d like to make sure their foundational skills are complete. It is designed for anyone in digital imaging, digital publishing, or design environments. Typical attendees are responsible for digital asset management, production, and execution of projects in the fields of (but not limited to): photographic art, advertising design, photojournalism, news and media production, social media, mobile, video, web, and 3-D.
Target job titles: Graphic artist, creative director, photo retoucher, marketing director, graphic designer, advertising coordinator, web designer, video producer, production manager, prepress technician, communications specialist, multimedia designer, content creator, print designer, photographer
It is recommended that you have access to the Adobe Photoshop software before starting the class. You can purchase the software or obtain a trial version of it from the Adobe website.
Certifications, Exams, and Continuing Education
1.2 CEUs (12 hours)
Adobe Photoshop Certified Expert
How to Enroll
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
- Customizing the Photoshop work environment (workspaces, menus, palettes, presets)
- Organizing individual Photoshop files using best practices for layer organizations (layer sets, naming of layers)
- Organizing images and image data for easy retrieval
- Working With Selections
- Mask and channels
- Quick fixes
- Placing, reshaping and transforming smart objects
- Using layers, layer comps, layer effects, layer styles and layer clipping masks
- Applying local image editing global tonal and color corrections and retouching to images
- Using pixel and vector-based tools
- Using Creative Cloud libraries, Photoshop mobile apps and Adobe services
- Photo retouching and editing including filters and image effects
- Selections, masks and channels
- Using Camera RAW and Adobe Bridge
- Typographic design and text in Photoshop
- Analyzing file formats and determining optimal resolution needed based on intent (Web, video, offset press, etc.)
- Understanding color management
- Working with camera RAW
- Typographic design
- Printing 3D Files
- New features in Photoshop such as Photoshop search, Face-Aware liquify and more
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
Available Delivery Methods
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Add to Wishlist