PowerPoint 101 - Microsoft PowerPoint Introduction
In this 1-day Microsoft PowerPoint 101 class, you will learn to create professional quality presentations and printed speaking materials. Throughout the class, you will learn to perform increasingly specialized Powerpoint procedures. This course is designed for those who have previously used earlier versions of PowerPoint as well as individuals whom are discovering PowerPoint for the first time. Our instructors are industry professionals and will not only teach the basics of the program but will also show pitfalls, best practices, and shortcuts. After this Microsoft PowerPoint 101 class, you will have the expertise you need to take your presentation skills to the next level.
Schedule and Pricing
Schedule of upcoming PowerPoint training classes.
This comprehensive Powerpoint class will impart the necessary knowledge for participants to create sleek and informative presentations; using the various available tools to create stunning projects.
- Develop professional presentations for electronic delivery, on-screen slide shows, and printed slide decks with handouts and note pages
- Create and manage business graphics, diagrams, and other visual elements to vividly reinforce a spoken message
- Incorporate dynamic effects such as sound, movement and video to grab and keep the attention of your audience
Who Should Attend
Basic computer skills.
We also recommend that you have the MS PowerPoint software before starting the class. You can purchase the software or obtain a trial version of it from the Microsoft website.
Certifications, Exams, and Continuing Education
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
PowerPoint: Core Presentation Design and Delivery Skills
Microsoft Exam 77-729
Note: Microsoft Office Specialist exams are provided by a third-party vendor. Register for an exam at Certiport’s website.
Demonstrate that you have the skills needed to get the most out of Office by earning a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification in a specific Office program. Holding a MOS certification can earn an entry-level business employee as much as $16,000 more in annual salary than uncertified peers.*
If you are pursuing the higher level Microsoft Office Specialist Expert and Microsoft Office Specialist Master certifications, becoming a certified Microsoft Office Specialist in PowerPoint is a great entry point.
* Anderson, Cushing, and John F. Gantz. Skills Requirements for Tomorrow’s Best Jobs: Helping Educators Provide Students with Skills and Tools They Need. IDC/Microsoft. October 2013. http://www2.ledet.com/white_paper/skills_requirements_for_tomorrows_best_jobs
.6 CEU credits
How to Enroll
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
- Creating and managing presentations
- Viewing speaker notes during delivery of a slide show
- Working with text, tables, placeholders, and content
- Inserting graphics, shapes, diagrams, charts and pictures
- Adding sound and movement slides
- Finalizing presentations for delivery
- Rehearsing and set slide timings
- Working in PowerPoint more efficiently with functions
- Managing add-ins and security options
- Creating custom presentation elements, themes, masters, and layouts
- Saving and sharing presentations in multiple formats
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Add to Wishlist (opens a new window)