Access 101 - Microsoft Access Introduction
In this 2-day Microsoft Access 101 class, Participants will master the concepts of the relational database application and learn to structure Participants data in Access. Access allows users to enter, manage, and organize large amounts of data quickly. Participants will discover the program’s powerful user interface as Participants develop an assortment of tables, forms, queries, and reports that can be used to enter, edit, and manipulate information. Our instructors are industry professionals and will not only teach Participants the program but will also show Participants pitfalls, best practices, and shortcuts. They are well versed in Microsoft Access and will show Participants how to increase Participants proficiency and how to work smart within the application. After the Microsoft Access 101 class, Participants will have the expertise Participants need to take Participants skills to the next level!
Schedule and Pricing
Schedule of upcoming Access training classes.
- Access is a flexible and relatively simple relational database application that allows users to enter, store, manage and data
- Maximize productivity by quickly creating web forms and reports
- IT managers have the ease of SharePoint product administration that assists them in managing Access data, application objects, and behavior
- Access databases can range from a simple application, like a small business inventory tracker, to an enterprise app that integrates with SQL servers and contains thousands of records
- Users can effectively manage critical information by storing it conveniently for future reference, reporting, and analysis
Basic computer skills.
We also recommend that you have the MS Access software before starting the class.
How to Enroll
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
- Understanding database concepts
- Exploring tables, forms, queries, and reports
- Previewing and printing database objects
- Creating databases and simple tables
- Creating databases from templates
- Creating databases and tables manually
- Defining relationships between tables
- Creating simple forms
- Arranging the layout of forms
- Displaying data and sorting information in tables
- Filtering information using forms
- Saving filters as queries
- Understanding relational database techniques
- Maintaining data integrity with datatypes
- Validating data
- Allowing multicolumn lookup lists
- Creating queries using a wizard
- Creating queries manually
- Updating and deleting records
- Creating custom forms with a wizard
- Adding sub-forms
- Adding form controls
- Creating custom reports manually
- Modifying Report content
- Importing and exporting data
- Importing from other Access databases and Excel
- Importing from Outlook
- Importing from SharePoint
- Importing from .html and .xml files
- Exporting to Access, Word, SharePoint and more
- Designing navigation and forms
- Protecting databases and adding security
- Splitting Databases
- Preventing database problems
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Add to Wishlist (opens a new window)