Excel 301 - Advanced Microsoft Excel (Course 55167A)
In this advanced, 1-day Microsoft Excel 301 class, participants learn to use pivot tables, audit and analyze worksheet data, utilize data tools, collaborate with others, and create and manage macros. Instructors are experienced experts in Microsoft Excel and will demonstrate and teach pitfalls, best practices, and shortcuts.
Schedule and Pricing
Schedule of upcoming Excel training classes.
This comprehensive Microsoft Excel training is geared toward building those professional skills that every corporation seeks! This course will not only assist participants in becoming the Excel wizard that their office needs, but knowledge of these functions will allow participants to use Excel to improve their productivity and speed. Whether it is exporting data sets, or putting together a finance presentation - this class is a stride in the right direction.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Create pivot tables and charts
- Learn to trace precedents and dependents
- Convert text and validate and consolidate data
- Collaborate with others by protecting worksheets and workbooks
- Create, use, edit, and manage macros
- Import and export data
Who Should Attend
Information workers who have intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel who want to learn more advanced skills or people who want to learn the topics covered in this course in the latest interface for Mac, Windows, or mobile.
- Intermediate level of knowledge in Excel.
- Attendance of Excel 201 or equivalent knowledge and experience.
We also recommend that you have access to the latest version of Microsoft Excel software. You can purchase the software or obtain a trial version of it from the Microsoft website.
Certifications, Exams, and Continuing Education
How to Enroll
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
Module 1: Using Pivot Tables
- Use, edit and format pivot tables to analyze data
- Work with pivot charts and pivot timelines
- Use slicers to filter data including multi-select options
Module 2: Auditing Worksheets
- Show and Audit formulas
- Trace precedents to determine which cells impact a specific cell
- Trace dependents to determine which cells are impacted by a specific cell
- Remove precedent and dependent arrows
- Check for errors frequently found in formulas
Module 3: Data Tools
- Convert text to columns
- Use Data Validation to restrict the type of data that can be entered into a cell
- Consolidate data from a number of different ranges into one new range
- Use Goal Seek to figure out the value to input to obtain a specific result
Module 4: Working with Others
- Password protect a workbook, worksheet, or range in a worksheet
- Use track changes and accept or reject changes
- List all changes on a new sheet
Module 5: Recording and Using Macros
- Run and edit macros
- Add macros to the Quick Access toolbar
Module 6: Sparkines and Office integration
- Insert and customize Sparklines in worksheets
- Prepare a workbook for internationalization and Section 508 accessibility
- Import text files into Microsoft Excel
- Copy cells from a worksheet or charts into Microsoft Word
- Ink Equations and Quick Shape formatting
- Sharing workbooks with SharePoint or OneDrive
Module 8: Microsoft Excel Features New in 2016
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Add to Wishlist (opens a new window)