PowerPoint 301 - Microsoft PowerPoint Advanced
The 1-day Microsoft PowerPoint 301 training class is for more experienced PowerPoint users who want to build upon their basic skills. You will learn to use many of the advanced features of PowerPoint that are not known by most basic users, such as the Animation Painter and SmartArt. Participants will learn the techniques and gain the experience to compose audio-visually stunning work, with less effort and more effectiveness! PowerPoint is also an essential tool in the arsenal of most eLearning content creators and this class is a great addition to the skill set of those using PowerPoint with a training environment.
Schedule and Pricing
Schedule of upcoming PowerPoint training classes.
This course is taught by an experience Microsoft certified professional, who will not only impart knowledge on the functions of the program, but how it may be best used to achieve student training goals!
- Create customized presentations with templates
- Add special effects
- Use the slide, notes, and handout masters
- Create, edit, and import charts
- Manage hyperlinks
- Create custom shows
- Secure and share presentations
Who Should Attend
This advanced Powerpoint course is adequate for anyone who believes themselves to be a savvy user of Powerpoint but especially:
- Information workers with PowerPoint skills
- Elearning content creators
Previous attendance of Microsoft PowerPoint 101 or equivalent experience.
Certifications, Exams, and Continuing Education
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
PowerPoint: Core Presentation Design and Delivery Skills
Microsoft Exam 77-729
Note: Microsoft Office Specialist exams are provided by a third-party vendor. Register for an exam at Certiport’s website.
Demonstrate that you have the skills needed to get the most out of Office by earning a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification in a specific Office program. Holding a MOS certification can earn an entry-level business employee as much as $16,000 more in annual salary than uncertified peers.*
If you are pursuing the higher level Microsoft Office Specialist Expert and Microsoft Office Specialist Master certifications, becoming a certified Microsoft Office Specialist in PowerPoint is a great entry point.
* Anderson, Cushing, and John F. Gantz. Skills Requirements for Tomorrow’s Best Jobs: Helping Educators Provide Students with Skills and Tools They Need. IDC/Microsoft. October 2013. http://www2.ledet.com/white_paper/skills_requirements_for_tomorrows_best_jobs
.6 CEU credits
How to Enroll
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
- Working with master slides and layouts
- Ordering, aligning and grouping objects
- Adding footers and headers to slides, notes and handouts
- Arranging and printing sections
- Working with the Animation Painter
- Setting animation timing and using motion paths
- Animating charts
- Inserting, modifying and resizing smart objects
- Creating photo albums with captions, sound, and video
- Setting up custom slide shows
- Creating hyperlinks and action buttons
- Rehearsing timings
- Creating presenter-independent slide shows
- Exporting notes
- Exporting and outlining to Word
- Merging multiple presentations
- Reusing slides
- Tracking and managing changes in PowerPoint
- Sharing and securing, encrypting and assigning permissions to presentations
- Group collaboration on presentations
- Saving and exporting presentations to social media and other formats
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Add to Wishlist (opens a new window)