HoloLens 101 - HoloLens Beginners
During this 2-day hands-on, instructor-led course Participants will design a complete project, using Unity and Visual Studio, learning how to develop content and applications for the core Windows Holographic Platform and HoloLens features such as gaze and gesture controls, voice input, spatial sound and spatial mapping, and color design for holograms. A Microsoft Hololens is used and demonstrated in the class, and each student will get to experience it. The Microsoft Hololens emulator is used for most exercises.
Schedule and Pricing
Schedule of upcoming Holo Lens training classes.
- Learn basic Windows Holographic Platform developer skills
- Learn to use Visual Studio and Unity to create holographic content
- Learn to interface effectively with the HoloLens device
- View, hear, and interact with holograms Students make and place around Students
- Learn to share coordinate systems between multiple devices and create a shared experience that allows users to take part in a shared holographic world
No previous experience with Microsoft HoloLens required. While participants are welcomed and encouraged to bring their own Microsoft Hololens to class if they own own, it is not required as much of the class is taught using the Microsoft HoloLens emulator. 1 Microsoft Hololens is available for class use however and students will get hands-on time with the actual device.
We suggest you have a look at these related classes: Visual Studio MOC 20483 - Programming in C# Visual Studio MOC 20486 - Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
Or this related learning path: 3D / AR / VR / Mixed Reality
How to Enroll
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
- Set up Unity and Visual Studio for holographic development
- Create Holographic and 2d apps and views
- Make and view holograms
- Visualize gaze using a world-locked cursor
- Control holograms with the Select gesture
- Add voice commands that listen in the background
- Create a hologram that reacts to a voice command
- Hear holograms
- Use spatial mapping to bring and place holograms around the real world.
- Use mixed reality capture to create video and still imagery containing both holograms and the real world
- Understand and use the Windows Device Portal for HoloLens
- Learn spatial coordinate systems and best practices including spacial anchors, attached frame of reference, and head locked content
- Create a holographic Direct X project
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
Available Delivery Methods
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
[Add to Wishlist]