Fusion 360 101 - Introduction to Parametric Modeling
Product development has changed. So should the tools. Fusion 360 is the first 3D CAD, CAM, and CAE tool of its kind. The tools in Fusion 360 enable fast and easy exploration of design ideas with an integrated concept-to-production toolset that works equally well on Macintosh and Windows computers as well as mobile devices. Class Description
Autodesk Fusion 360 is subscription 3D CAD/CAM Software for product design and manufacturing. It connects the product development process in a cloud-based platform that works on both Mac and PC. It combines industrial and mechanical design, simulation, collaboration, and machining in a single package. The tools in Fusion 360 enable fast and easy exploration of design ideas with an integrated concept-to-production toolset.
This 3-day class covers the fundamentals of using Fusion 360 in professional engineering, product development, manufacturing and industrial design workflows. Through a hands-on, practice-intensive curriculum, learn the key skills and knowledge required to design models using Autodesk Fusion 360.
Schedule and Pricing
Schedule of upcoming Fusion 360 training classes.
- Create smooth and precise surfaces with T-Splines technology or with sketch curves, patches, and extrusions. Obtain the exact amount of curvature you want in models by editing the form’s face, edges, and vertices
- Perform powerful Boolean operations, and add features such as webs, lofts, patterns, and much more to existing model.
- Set precise parameters to sketches. Model dimensions with specific values as well as relational functions
- Bring in scanned STL or OBJ data and use them as the reference for Fusion 360 design
- Create tests and animate test results to help determine the weakest areas of a model or areas that are most likely to fail.
- Import and export standard CAD formats, such as SLDPRT, SAT, IGES, STEP, STL, and OBJ
- Use the 3D print workflows to create a rapid prototype or the CAM workspace to create toolpaths to machine components
Who Should Attend
- CAD, CAM, and CAE professionals
- Product designers and engineers
- Makers and 3d printer owners
- Anyone who wants to master new 3D CAD and CAM skills using the industry’s most powerful and versatile modeling platform
- No prior knowledge of any 3D modeling or CAD software is required.
- Background in drafting of 3D parts recommended, but not required.
- Download Fusion 360 for FREE
Certifications, Exams, and Continuing Education
Autodesk offers the Autodesk Fusion 360 Certified User Exam for those seeking an industry-recognized credential demonstrating proficiency with Fusion 360.
Ledet Training recommends this class for 2.4 CEU credits for those in Engineering, Product Development, Manufacturing, Industrial Design and related industries.
- Understanding the Autodesk Fusion 360 interface
- Creating, constraining, and dimensioning 2D sketches
- Creating and editing solid 3D features
- Creating and using construction features
- Creating equations and working with parameters
- Manipulating the feature history of a design
- Duplicating geometry in a design
- Placing and constraining/connecting components in a single design file
- Defining motion in a multi-component design
- Creating components and features in a multi-component design
Fusion 101 Courseware - Table of Contents (PDF)
Available Delivery Methods
Custom scheduled, Onsite, Train-The-Trainer
[Add to Wishlist]