Cloud Platform CPB200 - Google BigQuery for Data Anylysts
This 3-day course provides hands-on skills in ingesting, analyzing, transforming and visualizing data using BigQuery and getting the best performance when using it at scale. This course builds on the broad topics covered in Cloud Platform CPB 101 by delving much deeper into the choices and tradeoffs that define one’s BigQuery experience.
- This class has the potential to be an amazing resource for any individual currently using BigQuery, or planning a switch to BigQuery data tool.
- This course will delve into the optimization of BigQuery for myriad tasks, as well as why BigQuery can be a penultimate step toward Big Data solutions and transforming one’s data infrastructure.
The deeper knowledge of BigQuery will allow one to better vizualize and understand BigQuery data, Import/export data from BigQuery, learn to use external tools, such as Spreadsheets, to interact with BigQuery, and much more!
Who Should Attend
This class is intended for data analysts and data scientists responsible for: analyzing and visualizing big data, implementing cloud-based big data solutions, deploying or migrating big data applications to the public cloud, implementing and maintaining large-scale data storage environments, and transforming/processing big data.
How to Enroll
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google BigQuery
- Describe ways in which customers have used Google BigQuery to improve their businesses
- Understand the architecture of BigQuery and how queries are processed
- Interact with BigQuery using the web UI and command-line interface
- Identify the purpose and structure of BigQuery schemas and data types
- Understand the purpose of and advantages of BigQuery destinations tables and caching
- Use BigQuery jobs
- Transform and load data into BigQuery
- Export data from BigQuery
- Store query results in a destination table
- Create a federated query
- Export log data to BigQuery and query it
- Understand the BigQuery pricing structure and evaluate mechanisms for controlling query and storage costs
- Identify best practices for optimizing query performance
- Troubleshoot common errors in BigQuery
- Use various BigQuery functions
- Use external tools such as spreadsheets to interact with BigQuery
- Visualize BigQuery data
- Use access controls to restrict access to BigQuery data
- Query Google Analytics Premium data exported to BigQuery
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Add to Wishlist (opens a new window)