Tableau 101 - Introduction to Tableau Desktop
This two-day instructor led Tableau training class is designed to help you gain a solid foundation in the fundamentals of using Tableau Desktop.
Through structured hands-on practice using real-world activities and data sets, you will gain a thorough understanding of the core concepts, techniques and terminology used in Tableau and be able to quickly create impactful and powerful visualizations from any data source, combine these visualizations into interactive dashboards and data stories, and effectively use Tableau Desktop to explore and gain insights into data, including effectively presenting and communicating those insights to others.
Schedule and Pricing
Schedule of upcoming Tableau training classes.
Attending this class will deliver dramatic gains in your ability to see and understand data using Tableau. The class will teach you how to use Tableau effectively as a powerful tool to harness your brain’s natural ability to quickly spot visual patterns in data so you gain new insights and understanding as you explore that data.
You will leave this class with powerful new skills that will let you answer questions about your data as fast as you can think of them. You’ll be equipped to discover new opportunities and eureka moments currently hidden in raw data that you or your organization probably already has available. You will learn the best practices recommended by Tableau for effectively translating raw data into actionable business intelligence and real business results.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for the beginner to intermediate-level Tableau user. It is is appropriate for anyone in any organization or company who wants to better be able to explore, understand and gain insights from data from any source including Excel or other spreadsheet files, text files such as .CSV or other exports from any software system, cloud or on premise data sources, or any other data set.
- Business executives and managers
- Data analysts and business intelligence professionals
- Data driven marketers
- No previous experience with Tableau is necessary prior to attending this course.
- Participants do not need an IT background to be successful with Tableau or with this course.
- Participants are expected to have a basic familiarity with general business data and/or spreadsheet concepts (such as tables, rows/columns, records/fields).
Certifications, Exams, and Continuing Education
Tableau offers two levels of certifications for users of Tableau Desktop. More information on Tableau’s certification and exams is available at https://www.tableau.com/support/certification
How to Enroll
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Connect to your data in Tableau Desktop including creating, customizing, editing and saving data sources
- Understand Tableau and data visualization terminology, core concepts, techniques, workflows and best practices
- Use the Tableau interface and paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations and build dashboards and data stories in order to share these visualizations with others
- Use filter. measures, dimensions and other core Tableau features to simplify, organize, sort and slice your data as needed including quickly and easily filtering by time and date
- Analyze and show relationships between numerical values using tools like totals, percentages and aggregate measures
- Show breakdowns of data in many different formats including geographical maps, heat maps, tree maps, cross tabs, highlight tables, scatter plots, bar charts, pie charts and other chart types
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations.
- Create and share interactive dashboards and guided data presentation and analysis using data stories
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Add to Wishlist (opens a new window)