AutoCad 601 - Autocad Comprehensive 2-Week
In our 2-week AutoCAD Bootcamp, participants get in depth training on the industry standard tools for engineering and building professionals. This class is really the best way to fully emerge into AutoCAD. From starting the software and understanding the user interface to architectural, engineering and construction (AEC) projects, participants will get in-depth hands on practice and walk away ready to work and capable of creating full designs.
Schedule and Pricing
Schedule of upcoming AutoCAD training classes.
By focusing on hands on practice, you will learn to create and edit professional AutoCAD drawings. Learn how to navigate AutoCAD toolbars and menus and how to use the command prompt, to apply basic drawing skills, use drawing aids (such as object snap, ortho and polar tracking and grids), edit entities, work with curves, control object visibility and appearance, and gain fundamental AutoCAD skills.
The instructor provides time-saving tips and describes techniques for creating primarily two-dimensional drawings.
- Understand the AutoCAD workspace and user interface
- Use the basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools in the AutoCAD line of products
- Organize drawing objects on layers
- Insert and create reusable symbols (blocks)
- Prepare layouts to be plotted or exported to PDF
- Add text, dimensions and hatching to AutoCAD drawings
- Recommended by Autodesk for all new users to AutoCAD including those pursuing AutoCAD certification.
- Using more advanced editing and construction techniques
- Adding parametric constraints to objects
- Creating local and global blocks
- Setting up layers, styles, and templates
- Using advanced plotting and publishing options
Who Should Attend
This official Autodesk authorized 2-week AutoCAD training class is designed for anyone new to the AutoCAD platform or for those with a moderate amount of experience seeking a more structured and comprehensive understanding of the AutoCAD software platform and a solid foundation in best practices, techniques and workflows.
It is appropriate for those using either AutoCADor AutoCAD LT, as well as new users who will be using more specialized editions of AutoCADsuch as AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD Map 3D, and AutoCAD Mechanical. The core AutoCAD concepts covered are considered a prerequisite for the more advanced tools available in these more specialized AutoCAD-based software products.
- This class is appropriate for novice users of AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, and most other AutoCAD products. No previous CAD experience necessary.
- You should have a working knowledge of the Windows operating system.
- Drafting, design or engineering experience a plus but not a requirement.
- We also suggest that you have access to AutoCAD software outside of class for practice.
Certifications, Exams, and Continuing Education
The Autodesk AutoCAD Certified Professional badge validates professional users knowledge of the tools, features, and common tasks of AutoCAD. Earners of this badge have demonstrated knowledge of dimensioning, basic drawing skills, using hatching and gradients, and more using AutoCAD.
This badge is issued by Autodesk
How to Enroll
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
This class is a discounted combination of the AutoCAD Essentials and Intermediate AutoCAD classes. We typically schedule our AutoCAD Essentials and Intermediate AutoCAD classes in the same week so we offer this discount on the bundle of classes. Please view AutoCAD Essentials and Intermediate AutoCAD classes for topics covered.
For student cancellation purposes, each separate component is treated as a separate class.
* Outline Attached Content (Multi-class Packages)
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
[Add to Wishlist]