Unity 101 - Introduction to Unity
This 2-day Unity training class will get you started with real-time 3D interactive development. You will learn to create high-quality 3D interactions in Unity while building a simple, yet sophisticated kitchen configurator designed for use on a home improvement website. The conﬁgurator features three kitchen layouts, one of which you will design from scratch. You will have the ability to swap out different material options, styles, and accessories. Through the process of putting together the conﬁgurator, you will learn the basics of working in Unity, from scene navigation and object management to using scripts for complex interactions. In addition to making things functional, you will learn to make them look beautiful, taking advantage of Unity’s advanced lighting and rendering engine. By the end of this workshop, you will have the foundational knowledge of Unity to begin creating your own professional projects from the ground up.
Schedule and Pricing
Schedule of upcoming Unity training classes.
- Our experienced trainers guide you through learning Unity from the ground up with clear, step-by-step instructions.
- Quality authorized course content developed by Unity Education
- Live interaction between you and the instructor
- Hands-on practice with professionally designed project assets
- Structured continued learning plan for use after the class
Who Should Attend
Unity is a highly robust engine that lends itself to the production pipeline of many different industries. It is being quickly adopted by industry leaders in automotive, ﬁlm, and architecture, as well as with companies developing simulations and training.
This class was designed for people who are completely new to Unity and want to learn how to use the engine primarily outside of the gaming space. While the project used in this class is most closely aligned with Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC), the skills learned will apply to anyone who is looking to understand how to create robust interactive applications in Unity.
No prior experience in Unity is required
How to Enroll
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
- Learn how to navigate in the Unity Editor
- Use the new Unity Hub standalone desktop application to streamline your experience and workflow
- Configure a Unity Project for 3D development
- Create and configure physically based materials
- Use imported assets to build modular scenes
- Create scene component Prefabs for reuse throughout the Project
- Configure lights and settings to achieve realistic effects
- Use the Post Processing Stack to enhance visual fidelity
- Develop interactive mechanics
- Integrate scripts to create a controller with keyboard and touch input
- Utilize Cinemachine to create a free moving scene camera
- Build a UI to display Prefab data and receive input
- Integrate scripts with Prefabbed assets to create customizable components
- Publish 3D applications for various platforms
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Add to Wishlist (opens a new window)