Android 101 - Introduction to Android Development
This 2-day class supplies Participants with an introduction to the Android ecosystem and setting up a development environment to creating and publishing Android applications is covered in depth and with technical expertise. Android is Google’s operating system for mobile devices. Using the Android SDK, developers can develop applications on the Android platform using the Java Programming language. In this course, participants will learn the basics of various techniques to program their Android devices. This feature-packed course will show Participants how to get started in Android development, right from the start till deployment.
Schedule and Pricing
Schedule of upcoming Android training classes.
- Create an Android Project
- Widget attributes
- Diagnosing misbehaviors
- Model-View-Controller and Android
- Adding a Cheat button to QuizActivity
- Getting a result back from a child activity
- Compatibility and Android Programming
- Using the Android Developer Documentation
- Adding a UI Fragment to the Fragment Manager
- Styles, themes, and theme attributes
Knowledge of programming and object-oriented programming concepts. Java programming experience recommended.
How to Enroll
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
- Students First Android Application
- Android and Model-View-Controller
- The Activity Lifecycle
- Debugging Android Apps
- Students Second Activity
- Android SDK Versions and Compatibility
- UI Fragments and the Fragment Manager
- Creating User Interfaces with layouts and Widgets
- Displaying Lists with List Fragment
- Using Fragment Arguments
- Using ViewPager
- Audio Playback Using MediaPlayer
- Retained Fragments
- The Action Bar
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also have the option of live instructor lead online offerings for our courses. Our network of rental facilities is also an option for most of our high demand classes. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
As an option for customers needing completely customizable training we offer private onsite training and Individual instructor consulting sessions. To inquire about custom training please fill out our private training request form.
Add to Wishlist (opens a new window)